Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis O 76 Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ. / [ديوان حافظ]
TitleDīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ. / [ديوان حافظ]
- Ḥāfiẓ, active 14th century حافظ،
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Other related names
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, Anne Baker, 1868-1937, donor
Call numberLewis O 76
(Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, Rare Book Department)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Copy of a collection of Ḥāfiẓ's poetry with no preface; each page has a central column divider of pink and blue flowers on a gold field.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Catalog entry, lot 380, pasted into front inside cover. The entry and the Simsar catalog (p. 128) make reference to a stamp on the first flyleaf of Charles Mariet Caldicott and dated 1829 that is now missing.
ExtentI, 181, i leaves : 152 x 90 (100 x 50) mm bound to 152 x 95 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in plain, brown leather with a blind tooled frame; pink leather doublure.
Illuminated headpiece in gold and blue (f. 1v); each page is border-ruled in blue, gold, black, and beige with the page-opening ruled in double black; the columns are divided by a central line of gold with pink and blue flowers painted on it; the same flowers on a gold field also appear at the ends of headers.
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Persian literature--747-1500
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Manuscripts, Persian--18th century
- Manuscripts, Oriental--18th century
- Manuscripts, Oriental
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Persian literature
- Persian poetry
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Illuminations (painting)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 76: Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 76: Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — [Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ].
Inside front cover
9222_0001.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0001_thumb.jpg (3.2 KB)
9222_0001_web.jpg (324.9 KB)
Insert recto, left side
9222_0002.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0002_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
9222_0002_web.jpg (284.3 KB)
Decoration: Catalog entry
Insert recto, right side
9222_0003.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0003_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
9222_0003_web.jpg (330.5 KB)
Flyleaf 1 recto]; Insert verso
9222_0004.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0004_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
9222_0004_web.jpg (301.1 KB)
9222_0007.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0007_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
9222_0007_web.jpg (401.0 KB)
Section: [Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ].
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece
9222_0008.tif (32.3 MB)
9222_0008_thumb.jpg (5.7 KB)
9222_0008_web.jpg (365.2 KB)
Decoration: Illuminated floral fill (every page)