Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 239 al-Juzʼ al-khāmis. / الجزء الخامس
Titleal-Juzʼ al-khāmis. / الجزء الخامس
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 239
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1750 and 1850?
Complete section, containing the first word of 4:24 to the final word of 4:147.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1v).
- One volume of a Qur'ān in 30 parts, of which RBML holds five volumes under separate shelfmarks; see also MSS Or. 240, 241, 242, and 243.
Extent27 leaves : 237 x 159 (138 x 82) mm, bound to 244 x 166 mm
BindingBrown-black leather with flap; blind-stamped and tooled central mandorla with traces of a gold ruled frame. Red leather doublure.
Illuminated headpiece in blue and gold with green rules and title in white ink (f. 1v). Gold rules around the textblock; gould roundels mark verse endings and gold text partitions notes in the margin. Readings in red.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Envelope flaps (features)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 239: al-Juzʼ al-khāmis. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 239: al-Juzʼ al-khāmis.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — al-Juzʼ al-khāmis.
- fol. 1v — Illuminated headpiece
Inside Front Cover
6943_0001.tif (50.8 MB)
6943_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
6943_0001_web.jpg (325.6 KB)
6943_0006.tif (50.8 MB)
6943_0006_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
6943_0006_web.jpg (309.6 KB)
Section: al-Juzʼ al-khāmis.
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece