Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 240 al-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn. / الجزء العشرون
Titleal-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn. / الجزء العشرون
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 240
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1750 and 1850?
Complete section, containing the first word of 27:56 to the final word of 29:45.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from caption title.
- One volume of a Qurʼān in 30 parts, of which RBML holds five volumes under separate shelfmarks; see also MS Or. 239, 241, 242, and 243.
Extent26 leaves : 240 x 160 (137 x 85) mm, bound to 244 x 166 mm
BindingBrown-black leather with flap; blind-stamped central mandorla with traces of a gold ruled border and frame.
Illuminated headpiece in gold and blue with green rules and title in white ink (f. 2v). Textblock is border-ruled. Sūrah titles and marginal text division notations in gold. Gold roundels mark verse endings. Readings in red.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Envelope flaps (features)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 240: al-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 240: al-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — al-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn.
- fol. 1v — Illuminated headpiece
Inside Front Cover
6944_0001.tif (51.0 MB)
6944_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
6944_0001_web.jpg (318.6 KB)
6944_0006.tif (51.4 MB)
6944_0006_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
6944_0006_web.jpg (300.6 KB)
Section: al-Juzʼ al-ʻishrūn.
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece