Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 379 Questions and answers on Christianity.
TitleQuestions and answers on Christianity.
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 379
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
A catechism or brief theological summary of Christian doctrines and liturgy in Arabic, arranged in question and answer format; the first subject is "Fī wujūd Allāh". A table of contents in a different hand was added at the end (p. ).
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent214 paginated leaves, 1 leaf : 232 x 163 (160 x 105) mm, bound to 232 x 170 mm
BindingBound in modern cardboard painted with narrow blue stripes and red snowflake or floral patterns with flap; red leather spine and fore-edge hinge covers; blue paper pastedowns.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Theology, Practical
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Full covers
- Envelope flaps (features)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 379: Questions and answers on Christianity. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 379: Questions and answers on Christianity.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Front Cover
9193_0001.tif (73.7 MB)
9193_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
9193_0001_web.jpg (309.2 KB)