Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 169 Gospel of Mark. / [إنجيل مرقس]
TitleGospel of Mark. / [إنجيل مرقس]
Other related names
- Adler, Cyrus, 1863-1940, donor
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 169
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9944235653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
No indication of date, place, or copyist but probably mid-18th to mid-19th century.
- between 1750 and 1850?
Part of the New Testament containing the Gospel of Mark 2.12-16.14 inclusive.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Condition: Copy has occasional ink smudges; f. 3r rather smeared; small hole in lower portion of a few leaves with minor damage to text (f. 50-51).
- Copy has ms. shelf-mark in pencil and ms. inscription ("Marc. II., 12") on f. 1r; ms. inscription ("Marc. XIV 14") on f. 95v; some marginal annotations.
Extent96 leaves : 124 x 76 mm
FoliationPaper, 96; 1-39, [i], 40-95; modern Roman script foliation in pencil, upper left recto. Catchwords on versos, lower center.
BindingDisbound; two sewing supports present.
- Presented to the Library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning by Dr. Cyrus Adler.
- Manuscripts, Arabic--18th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--19th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 169: Gospel of Mark. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 169: Gospel of Mark.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Gospel of Mark].
9856_0000.tif (26.5 MB)
9856_0000_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
9856_0000_web.jpg (457.2 KB)
Section: [Gospel of Mark].