Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 280 al-Qurʼān. / [القرآن]
Titleal-Qurʼān. / [القرآن]
Other related names
- Ḥanāshī, Ibrāhīm ibn Aḥmad, scribe حناشي، ابراهيم بن احمد,
- Universität Wien. Orientalisches Institut, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 280
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Copy completed by Ibrāhīm ibn Aḥmad ibn ʻImād? al-Ḥanāshī (p. ), possibly in the 17th or 18th century.
- between 1600 and 1799?
Copy of the Qurʼān.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Item cataloged from digital facsimile and existing description.
Extent299 leaves : 230 x 160 (180 x 100) mm bound to 240 x 180 mm
FoliationPaper, 298 leaves; [596-1], modern pagination in reverse order. Mostly gatherings of 20 leaves, with some 18 or 22; at least 3 leaves missing.
Binding19th- or 20th-century quarter leather with spine title Koran.
- Formerly in the collection of the Orientalisches Institut (founded in 1886), Universität Wien (label, front cover).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on label, front cover).
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Illuminations (painting)
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 17th century
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 280: al-Qurʼān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5380_0001.tif (81.5 MB)
5380_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
5380_0001_web.jpg (250.8 KB)
cajs_rarms280_wk1_body0000ref.tif (229.4 MB)
cajs_rarms280_wk1_body0000ref_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
cajs_rarms280_wk1_body0000ref_web.jpg (186.7 KB)