Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 20 Joshua 21:6-24:32
Call numberHalper 20
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- Fol. 1 lacking XXI 19-24 from recto, and XXI 29-34 from verso; variants from the standard Masoretic text, most of them errant: some, including missing words, are corrected in the margins in various hands; At the end of chapter XXII there is a decoration, so too at XXI 41 is a remnant of another, apparently signifying the end of a sidra (as in Aleppo Codex in the same places, signified by [s]); Between XXI 35/36 are two additional verses, parallel to I Chron. VI 63-64, as is mentioned in Minḥat Shay; four text breaks recorded in Aleppo Codex are missing, after XXII 6, 20, 29 and XXIV 15; two added text breaks, after XXI 10 and XXIV 18.
- Condition: consecutive; torn. dev.; marginal corrections; damaged, with losses in lower exterior corners, particularly fol. 1; fols. 2-4 with partial losses in exterior column.
Extent25.4 X 21.9 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 20: Joshua 21:6-24:32 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.