Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 39 Haftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Targum Pseudo-Jonathan
TitleHaftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Targum Pseudo-Jonathan
Call numberHalper 39
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-12th century?
- Catchwords on each side (?); Hebrew text bears Tiberian vowel points; the Targum bears interlinear Babylonian vowels; headline in slightly enlarged squared characters; From a collection of Haftarot with Targum Pseudo-Jonathan after each verse; it contains the end of the paragraph from Micah (VII 18-20) which concludes the Haftarah for Minḥah of Yom Kippur; followed by, after seven lines of the recto, the heading לראשון של סוכה בתרי עשר; The Haftarah for the first of Sukkoth (Zechariah XIII 9-XIV). This fragment contains up to XIV 16 [והיה כל [הנותר. See S. Goitein: Sidre ḥinukh bi-yeme ha-Geʾonim u-vet ha-Rambam / S.D. Goitein. Yerushalayim : Mekhon Ben-Tsevi, 1962, p. 54.
- Condition: nearly complete; damage along the edges.
Extent29.5 X 18.9 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Yom Kippur , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 39: Haftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Targum Pseudo-Jonathan are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.