Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 47 Commentary on Genesis 31:50-32:2
TitleCommentary on Genesis 31:50-32:2
- Samuel ben Hophni, d. 1013.
Call numberHalper 47
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century or 12th century?
- Text breaks are signified by spaces of various width; The commentary is extensive, covering each verse of scripture; biblical phrases (not necessarily lead words) are cited, with the introduction [וקו[ל, so the the work does not function as a translation; rather, it is a running summary, embellished with exegetical and philological comments, based heavily on Biblical comparison, characteristic of Samuel ben Ḥofni's Commentary on Pentateuch (ed. Aaron Greenbaum, 1979); The fragment contains the essay on XXXI 50-53, signed תם קאל. This is followed by the translation of ibid. 54-XXXII 2, and the beginning of the essay on this paragraph.
- Condition: consecutive; damage at upper exterior corner.
Extent15.2 X 17.8 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 47: Commentary on Genesis 31:50-32:2 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.