Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 64 Tosefta Targum of Ezekiel I
TitleTosefta Targum of Ezekiel I
Call numberHalper 64
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-12th century?
- Verso left empty, and used secondarily for a beginner's writing exercise; The complete text of this Aramaic midrash was published from 3 Yemenite mss, S.A. Wertheimer, Bate Midrashot II (1893-7) pp. 135-140, and from a fragment in Budapest DKG 185 by M. Weiss, Magyar Zsido Szemle XX (1903) pp. 347-351 (republished in Seridim Meha-genizah, Budapest, 1924 pp. 34-39; See also R. Kasher, Toseftot Targum le-Nevi'im, 1996, pp. 190-193 from ms New York JTSA L260A, (attributed to Menaḥem Reḳanati), and from a condensed version, in ms. Bar Ilan 737; In some Yemenite mss. it appears among Midrashic Tirgumim on the Haftarot, this being the Haftarah of Shavuot. In the republication of the New York ms, by R. Kasher, Toseftot Targum le-Nevi'im, 1996, pp. 190-193, this folio was used in the apparatus of variant readings (pp. 237); This fragment includes the latter half of the text, parallel to, in the published edition, p. 138 l. 19 to the end. The headline here is תרגום ויהי בשלשים שנה. In the other copies, the title is תוספתא תרגום ויהי בשלשים שנה.
- Condition: complete, recto only; erasures.
Extent20.3 X 14.6 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 64: Tosefta Targum of Ezekiel I are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.