Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 86 Talmud, Seder Zerʹaim, Berachot 7a-7b
TitleTalmud, Seder Zerʹaim, Berachot 7a-7b
Call numberHalper 86
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
- Text breaks marked with small circle and space; sine single-word addenda added between lines; Contains 7a l. 19 וכמ]ה זעמו] to 7b, a variant reading parallel to the passage in ll. 26-28; In the interior margin of the verso is a mnemonic note, listing the order of the articles. In the upper and exterior margins of the recto is a lengthy addenda, most of which is missing from the damaged edge of the folio; This folio from a codex that included a number of Talmud tractates, or more probably a number of selected chapters from different tractates; See scientific edition, ed. Lis et al., Complete Israeli Talmud Institute, vol. I, 1977 p. 38; Another Talmud codex of tractate Sotah, possibly in the same hand, has remnants in Cambridge F2(2).48 and F2(1).18; Westminster College Tal. I 48. See scientific edition, ed. Lis et al., Complete Israeli Talmud Institute, vol. I, 1977 p. 38.
- Condition: losses from edges and into foot.
Extent21.6 X 18.1 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 86: Talmud, Seder Zerʹaim, Berachot 7a-7b are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.