Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 119 Ethical will
Call numberHalper 119
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-14th century?
- Text breaks denoted by a punctus, plus 2-5 spaces; The fragment contains an essay on the merits of charity. The author often opens a paragraph with the address: בניי. The author relies heavily on Talmudic and Midrashic texts, introduced as א[מרו] חז"ל, or נמצא באגדה.
- Condition: complete, attached (forming outer sheet of fasc. [Halper]); damage.
Extent20.4 X 14.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Wills, Ethical
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 119: Ethical will are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.