Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 148 From a Judeo-Arabic treatise on the meaning of dreams
TitleFrom a Judeo-Arabic treatise on the meaning of dreams
Call numberHalper 148
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Text breaks are denoted by a punctus; Recto and first line of verso contain the latter part of a list of numbered chapters and their contents, and includes the descriptions of chapters 7-23; The chapter headings list topics such as candles, wine, cheese, birds, marriage, prayer and women. The rest of the verso is from the preface to the monograph. The essay opens with a quotation form the Moslem classic on this topic by Ibn Sirin (Ben Sira); The hand appears to be unprofessional, and the verso includes an erasure, which may indicate that this is an autograph or draft copy.
- Condition: fragment, containing complete length of page but lacking all of exterior and most of interior edges; erasure on verso.
Extent20.6 X 1 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Dreams , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 148: From a Judeo-Arabic treatise on the meaning of dreams are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.