Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 150 Maḥazor for Passover, Kiddush
TitleMaḥazor for Passover, Kiddush
Call numberHalper 150
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Hebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
13th century-15th century?
- Top four lines (instructions in Judeo-Arabic) in enlarged squared characters; text (8 lines) in semi-cursive writing; Probably first fol. of the codex, as one side (recto?) is blank except for [probably secondary] inscription אשר המתרגשת בעולם\ המתקדשים; verso(?) contains beginning of Passover Kiddush for Sabbath, as stated in instructions at top.
- Condition: nearly complete; recto(?) is blank.
Extent17.1 X 11.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Passover , Customs and practices , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 150: Maḥazor for Passover, Kiddush are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.