Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 168 Judeo-Arabic treatise on prayer
TitleJudeo-Arabic treatise on prayer
Call numberHalper 168
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
12th century-13th century?
- Text breaks are denoted by 2-3 spaces; fascicle number "ב" on recto; A fol. from a treatise on prayer including much Talmudic citation, dealing with the general principles behind regulated daily prayer (perhaps an introduction), and the Talmudic sources of the three daily prayers, Mishnah Berakhot IV 1,3, Talmud ibid. 31a, 22b; Among the known Gaonic monographs, the content here is most fitting to Samuel ben Ḥofni Gaon's Kitab al-ʹimma, a title found in a booklist published by Schechter: Saadyana / S. Schechter [ed.]. Cambridge : Deighton and Bell, 1903, p. 54.
- Condition: nearly-complete.
Extent21.6 X 15.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Prayer , Judaism , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 168: Judeo-Arabic treatise on prayer are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.