Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 169 Judeo-Arabic treatise on prayer
TitleJudeo-Arabic treatise on prayer
Call numberHalper 169
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-13th century?
- Text breaks are denoted by a punctus plus 2-3 spaces; catchword at end of fol. 2v, indicating it may be last fol. of a fascicle; A fol. from a treatise on prayer including Talmudic citations. The format is enumerated "descriptions" [וצף] or qualifications, among classified lists. Fol. 1 contains 5 preconditions for proper prayer, which are numbered 21-25; Towards the end of the verso, the author mentions that he has already dealt with the topic of uncleanliness in chapter 3 of this book. Fol. 2 contains 2-5 וצף of a similar list; Among the known Gaonic monographs, the content here is most fitting to Samuel ben Ḥofni Gaon's Kitab al-ʹimma, a title found in a booklist published by Schechter: Saadyana / S. Schechter. Oxford : Deighton and Bell, 1903, p. 54.
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete.
Extent13.2 X 9.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Prayer , Judaism , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 169: Judeo-Arabic treatise on prayer are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.