Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 213 Part of the Hagadah for Passover
TitlePart of the Hagadah for Passover
Call numberHalper 213
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-13th century?
- Bifolium from the Maggid segment of the Passover Hagaddah, including from הבה נתחכמה לו to the litany דיינו, which is interrupted after four verses with a Midrashic passage that starts ומנין שנתן לנו את ממונם; The passage is last 11 lines of the fragment, and is comprised of material that appears in Talmud Berakhot 9b and Mekhilta of r. Ishmael, Bo chap. XIII, parallel to, in the common edition (Mekhilta de-Rabi Yishmaʹel / Saul Horovits, Yiśraʾel Rabin [eds.]. Frankfurt : J. Kaufman, 1931, p. 47 ll. 8-11); The abbreviation דצ״ך עד״ש באח״ב is in enlarged and hollow characters; writing exercises are in the margins; vocalized as needed.
- Condition: consecutive, complete; marginalia.
Extent20.4 X 13.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Haggadot , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 213: Part of the Hagadah for Passover are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.