Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 227 Karaite prayer-book with instructions in Judeo-Arabic
TitleKaraite prayer-book with instructions in Judeo-Arabic
Call numberHalper 227
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Judeo-Arabic; Arabic
11th century-12th century?
- Verse endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; A including the last fol. of a prayer-book, probably Karaite, as all the prayers are comprised of biblical verses and passages. The theme is that of Lamentation and Penitence. Well known Psalms are listed here by their lead word, prefixed by the Judeo-Arabic instruction תקול; fol. 2r is the end of the text; at bottom is a sentence in Arabic characters.
- Condition: non-consecutive, nearly complete; fol. 2 verso is blank.
Extent14.4 X 14.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Karaites , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 227: Karaite prayer-book with instructions in Judeo-Arabic are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.