Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 245 Part of a collection of Seliḥot
TitlePart of a collection of Seliḥot
Call numberHalper 245
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Fragments from two of the prayers commonly found at the end of the Seliḥot service, מרן די בשמיא and מכניסי רחמים. In both, the version found here presents numerous variations from the common version; Text breaks are signified by a sof pasuḳ and a paragraph break; verso bears scribbling in Arabic characters.
- Condition: recto only; torn from top and bottom; verso bears scribbling in Arabic characters.
Extent26.2 X 8.6 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judaism , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 245: Part of a collection of Seliḥot are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.