Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 248 Fragment from a supplicatory prayer
TitleFragment from a supplicatory prayer
Call numberHalper 248
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Verse endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; The fragment appears to be from a prayer of the baḳashah type, in which emphasis is put on the limitations and timeliness of man contrasted to the infinity of God; Comparable in content to Sa'adia's first Baḳashah, in which, in a manner similar to the Ma'amadot, paragraphs [ואתה הוא אל[הים (Neh. IX 7).
- Condition: complete.
Extent20.4 X 13.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judaism , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 248: Fragment from a supplicatory prayer are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.