Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 254 Qiqlar for Passover
TitleQiqlar for Passover
- שלמה סולימן, אלסנג'רי Solomon Suliman ben Amar Solomon Suliman Ben-Amar ca. 9./10. Jh. Al-Sanjary, Shelomo Suleiman Al-Sinjari, Shelomo Suleiman
Call numberHalper 254
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Strophes divided by a punctus, plus a space; The fragment, sporadically vocalized, includes strophes 4-28 of Solomon Suleiman's Qiqlar that begins וקדוש אילף חכמות ישישות, which is part of the arrangement that begins וארץ אצהיל בשירות מנושקות, published by Vardah Padvah, Ḳovets ʹal-Yad, v. 11b (1989), p. 1-62. This fragment includes, in the published edition, pp. 31-33 ll. 72-109; The poem is structured three rhymed verses per strophe. The strophes are catenated, as the first verse of each strophe repeats the theme of the final verse of the preceding strophe. The last verse of every strophe is the first phrase of each verse of Songs of Solomon (in this fragment II 8-III 8) consecutively; This format resembles that of the matsdar on Songs by Samuel ha-shelishi, which starts אסלסל בפצח רנני (published by Davidson, Ginze Shekhṭer, New York : JTS, 1928-1929, vol. 3, pp. 58-92).
- Condition: consecutive; loss in upper-exterior corner of fol. 1; stained.
Extent14.6 X 10.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Libraries).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 254: Qiqlar for Passover are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.