Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 270 Lamentations for the Ninth of Av
TitleLamentations for the Ninth of Av
Call numberHalper 270
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Recto contains an inscription in Arabic characters, which was probably the primary inscription, before the fol. was folded lengthwise into two equal folios, upon which the secondary inscription, in Hebrew characters, was written; one vocalized word; This includes the end of an unknown ḳinah, which ends לשמה למשל ולשנינה\ ולך לילה איילילה, and its refrain על זאת אספדה ואייל[ילה]. This is followed by the signature in Judeo-Arabic כמל עקב שלום, which may refer to the title of this poem; Remaining 8 lines of the left fol. are written in a different hand, in ink that has mostly faded; this is another lamentation, that starts אקונן ואבכה והעיר בקולי.
- Condition: consecutive, complete; first used as folio.
Extent8.8 X 7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Ninth of Av , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 270: Lamentations for the Ninth of Av are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.