Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 318 Panegyric poem in honor of Yeḥiyah ben Avraham
TitlePanegyric poem in honor of Yeḥiyah ben Avraham
Call numberHalper 318
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- In Wafir meter; under the heading, stating that the poem is dedicated to the honorableיחיה בר אברהם שר בית ישראל ,twenty-seven monorhymed lines starting חכם סופרים ושורש החסידים. This may be the philanthropist mentioned in a document published by Jacob Mann: The Jews in Egypt and in Palestine under the Fatimid caliphs. London : Oxford Univ. Press, v. 2, p. 319. On the verso is another copy of the first lines of the poem, apparently its draft. Much of the blank space of the verso is covered with jottings and writing exercises in different hands.
- Condition: losses along lower edge; widthwise mail format folds; faded; draft(?), scribblings, pen tests on verso.
Extent58.5 X 18.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Laudatory poetry, Hebrew
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 318: Panegyric poem in honor of Yeḥiyah ben Avraham are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.