Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 339 Marriage contract of Sitt al-Dar daughter of R. Isaac
TitleMarriage contract of Sitt al-Dar daughter of R. Isaac
Call numberHalper 339
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Judeo-Arabic; Hebrew
Feb. 23, 1063
- A ḳetubah given by the bridegroom Japheth ben Nissim to Sitt al-Dar daughter of R. Isaac. The document is cut off after seven lines (including the common blessings on the top line). The date, place and names are extant, as is the initial sum- 12 and one half zuz, and 5 dinar; Verso written with a dull reed; verse endings inconsistently denoted with a sof pasuḳ.
Extent15.5 X 38 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Antenuptial contracts (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 339: Marriage contract of Sitt al-Dar daughter of R. Isaac are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.