Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 349 Court document
Call numberHalper 349
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
1383 or 1384?
- A court document in Judeo-Arabic and legal Aramaic, under the authority of the Nagid 'Amram, whose titles and epithets fill the first nine lines (mostly in Hebrew). See Simḥa Assaf, Tsiyon VI (1941), p. 113-115; Muafaḳ ben Musa, his half-sister Shams Ubaid the wife of Shabbetai the Sicilian, and her mother Sutaita, acquit Tsarafa, the widow of Jacob from an obligation to them, which probably arose from a case of inheritance; Signed in autograph by [...] ben Abraham ha-kohen, Moses ben Jacob ha-Levi.
- Condition: damaged, losses in upper left corner and center-right edge, faded; verso is blank.
Extent34.3 X 14.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Right of property (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 349: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.