Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 360 Court document
Other related names
- Halfon ben Menasse, fl. 1100-1138., scribe
Call numberHalper 360
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- A legal document in Judeo-Arabic. The named parties involved are Moses ha-Kohen, Abu Mantsur, and Abu Saʻad. The subject is a business transaction between them; The hand is recognized as that of the court scribe Ḥalfon ha-Leṿi ben Menasheh. Over 250 such documents have been collected by Gershon Weiss, Legal documents written by the court clerk Halfon Ben Manasse, dated 1100-1138, a study in the diplomatics of the Cairo Geniza (Thesis (Ph.D.) in Oriental Studies--Graduate School of Arts and Sciences), University of Pennsylvania, 1970.
- Condition: fragment, losses along all edges; bleeding from recto through to verso; verso is blank.
Extent17.1 X 20.3 cm.
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 360: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.