Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 361 Court document
Call numberHalper 361
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- The right side of an official court document, produced under the auspices of the Nagid. The first two digits of the date and the name of the Nagid are in the missing left side. He is referred to as נר המערבי; The subject is the ritual slaughter preformed by R. Yeḥiel אלדיין. Perhaps this is R. Yeḥiel "the Judge" ben Eliakim who served under Abraham Maimonides in the early 13th century (see Goitein, A Mediterranean Society vol. II, pp. 485-488, and in the list of judges, ibid. Appendix D, no. 30); If so, than the date (in l. 3) is Seleucid 48 (=1237), the last year of Abraham Maimonides' reign. No signatures remain/appear in this fragment.
- Condition: fragment, right side only, torn lengthwise; verso is blank.
Extent17.1 X 8.8
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 361: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.