Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 362 Court document
Call numberHalper 362
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
Mon., July 28, 1626
- Content covers upper third of recto(?); A court document in Hebrew, declaring that Malkah, the widow of R. Yair Abidar'a has collected her Ketubah of 9,200 silver pieces, with an oath (as in Mishnah Ḳetubot IX 8). The oath was witnessed by the judges, the appointed trustee of the orphans, Judah Tamim, and the brother Abraham and Solomon; The judges sign at opposite ends of the page, Moses Reuven (ha-sofer(?), decorative signature), and Moses ibn Saḥwan "the younger"; This document appears to be copied by the same court scribe who copied Halper 370 (dated 1609) and Halper 371 (1624).
- Condition: damaged, faded; folded widthwise beneath signatures; verso is blank.
Extent40.5 X 30.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Widows , Legal status, laws, etc. (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 362: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.