Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 370 Court document
Call numberHalper 370
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
Thurs. Oct. 28, 1609
- Text break denoted by a two hyphens; Under the heading בעהד״י; A Hebrew court document called a Moda'a in which a landowner declares that an anticipated sale will be done under duress and is thus nullified in advance (Talmud Bava batra 40a); Here witnesses testify such a declaration by the landowner Jacob Eliakim ben & upon the sale, or rent, of his land to El'azar Fureikh, also known as Shukair, who has cohorts in the Gaushiyeh who intend to pressure Jacob to sale at loss; The witnesses'(who probably are also serving as a court) autographs: Jacob Gariani and Isaac ben Benjamin ibn Shushan; Copied by the same court scribe who copied Halper 371 (dated 1609, on a folio of nearly identical size) and Halper 362 (1626).
- Condition: loss in upper left corner; verso is blank.
Extent20.6 X 15.2 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 370: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.