Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 374 Marriage contract of Shimʹah daughter of Daud, a virgin
TitleMarriage contract of Shimʹah daughter of Daud, a virgin
Call numberHalper 374
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Hebrew; Judeo-Arabic
Fri. Mar. 4, 1892
- Recto has 9 staggered lines of liturgical blessings, covering the upper third of the folio, 20 lines of content, and 1 line of signatures; incipits and the names of the parties in enlarged square characters, above a space; The bridegroom is Ḥaim ibn Suleiman. The witnesses are Saʹid ben Sulaiman Najjār and Yaḥyah ben Saʹid Kabāssi. The location is Almuḥbasha in northwest Yemen, described here: דמתקרי שמה קֻזַייִז דעל בריכתא דמים אלקטפ ( "also called Ḳuzayez [Babylonian vocalization] on lake al-Ḳaṭf" [sic! with פ not ף).
- Condition: complete; verso is blank.
Extent28.2 X 23.5 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Marriage (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 374: Marriage contract of Shimʹah daughter of Daud, a virgin are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.