Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 384 Business letter
Call numberHalper 384
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Recto has marginal additions; verso has marginal postscript. The names and address were probably on now missing end of verso; The letter deals with the trade of pearls, two of which are worth 10 dinar, and cloves. A trader named Abu Ephraim is mentioned (ll. 7-8). In the postscript on the verso, the writer sends regards to Abu Sa'id ibn Thabith.
- Condition: losses at top; folded in mail format; marginalia.
Extent17.7 X 8.8 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Commercial correspondence, Judeo-Arabic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 384: Business letter are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.