Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 421 Note to a Judge ʻAli, Nazir ha-maśkilim
TitleNote to a Judge ʻAli, Nazir ha-maśkilim
Call numberHalper 421
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
early 12th century?
- No signature or address, as this was probably delivered personally, or attached to another document; A note to the judge ʻAli, referred to here as Nazir ha-maśkilim. ("Crown of the Enlightened"). This title is bestowed on ʻAli ha-Leṿi ben Netanʾel of the early 12th century. See, in the list of judges assembled by S. D. Goitein, A Mediterranean Society vol. II Appendix D, no. 16; Kiryat Sefer v. 41 (1965-1966), p. 267, note 19; He served in the court of the Erets Israeli Community in Fustat in 1133. Here he is requested to transmit an enclosed dirahm to a certain ibn Simon, and to endorse a bill of release issued by a judge in Minyat Zifta.
- Condition: losses along left edge; verso is blank.
Extent14 X 16.8 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judeo-Arabic letters
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 421: Note to a Judge ʻAli, Nazir ha-maśkilim are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.