Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 448 Talmudic-halakhic anthology on Leviticus 21:17
TitleTalmudic-halakhic anthology on Leviticus 21:17
Call numberHalper 448
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- The text is not subdivided into paragraphs (halakhot), neither graphically nor numerically, rather into small sentences; sentence endings denoted by a punctus; These folios from Mishneh Torah are likely to be a segment from this work, expounding on the laws pertaining to Lev. ibid. 17. This could explain why our fragment is not presented in the common Mishneh Torah format, divided into paragraphs; Compare to a similar midrash in New York ENA 2572, 15C, or Oxford Bodleian Heb. d. 62 fols. 83-93 (Cowely 2850, 33) on Ex. XXI-XXII. British Library Or. 10730 fol. 3. See Ben Levin in Rabenu Mosheh ben Maimon : ḥayaṿ, sefaraṿ, peʻulotaṿ ṿe-deʻotaṿ : ḳovets torani-madaʻi ... / Judah Leib Maimon [ed.]. Yerushalayim : ha-Merkaz ha-ʻolami shel ha-Mizraḥi 1935, pp. 101-145.
- Condition: damaged, losses in upper exterior corner.
Extent27.4 X 21.1 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Halakhic Midrashim
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 448: Talmudic-halakhic anthology on Leviticus 21:17 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.