Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Halper 458 Prescriptions of Psalms for specified problems
TitlePrescriptions of Psalms for specified problems
Call numberHalper 458
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- A Judeo-Arabic formulae of Psalms, specifying the effects of each Psalm. Apparently in the order of the Psalms, as this fragment contains the effects of Psalms LII-LXII. The effects listed include appeasing an enemy, freeing a prisoner, and obtaining a favor.
- Condition: damaged, loss in bottom edge.
Extent19 X 11.7 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Medicine, Magic, mystic, and spagiric , to 1800 , Formulae, receipts, prescriptions, early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 458: Prescriptions of Psalms for specified problems are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.