Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 129 al-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān. / [النسبة الى المواضع والبلدان]
Titleal-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān.
[النسبة الى المواضع والبلدان]
- Abū Makhramah, al-Ṭayyib ibn ʻAbd Allāh, 1465-1540
ابو مخرمة، الطيب بن عبد الله،
Other related names
- Radʻānī, Salīm Bilqīs, scribe
ردعاني، سليم بلقيس،
- Muḥammad Ḥusayn, active 1829, former owner
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 129
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1700 and 1799?
Work connecting people's names to the place from which the name is taken. The work was composed in 918 or 928 A.H. (1512 or 1522 CE) according to the colophon copied into this copy. This copy is missing some pages at the beginning; the first complete entry is "Arak"; most of a quire of leaves is missing between f. 10 and f. 19; several pages at the end (f. 280-297) have had their inner, outer and lower edges trimmed, cutting off some text.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- "K & I? No. 10 Histoire Arabe" (note in ink, first flyleaf recto at front of book)
ExtentIi, 297 leaves : 207 x 150 (175 x 120 and 150 x 95) mm bound to 210 x 160 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper outer recto (1-10, 19-297); catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingOne remaining cover (front) of black leather over pasteboard, undecorated; board is detached.
Rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by al-Ḥājj Muḥammad Ḥusayn who purchased it in 1245 A.H. (1829 CE) (note in ink, front inside cover).
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis (bookplate inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning.
- Names, Personal--Arabic--Early works to 1800
- Names, Arabic--Etymology--Early works to 1800
- Arabic language--Etymology--Names--Early works to 1800
- Onomastics--Arabic--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 129: al-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 129: al-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [al-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān].
Inside front cover
9786_0001.tif (74.2 MB)
9786_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
9786_0001_web.jpg (335.5 KB)
Decoration: Owner's note in ink
Decoration: Bookplate: "John Frederick Lewis"
9786_0006.tif (74.2 MB)
9786_0006_thumb.jpg (6.2 KB)
9786_0006_web.jpg (360.5 KB)
Section: [al-Nisbah ilá al-mawāḍiʻ wa-al-buldān].