Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 130 Awwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān. / اول وفيات الاعيان وانباء الزمان
TitleAwwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān.
اول وفيات الاعيان وانباء الزمان
- Ibn Khallikān, 1211-1282
- Annenberg Research Institute
Other related names
- ʻUthmān ibn Muḥammad ibn ʻAbd al-Malik, former owner
عثمان بن محمد بن عبد الملك،
- Adler, Cyrus, 1863-1940, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 130
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Item is undated, perhaps produced in the 15th or 16th century.
- between 1400 and 1599?
Copy of the first volume of Ibn Khallikan's biographical dictionary. This volume contains through the beginning of Ḥarf al-Ḍād.
- Ms. Codex
- Paper: Laid paper with chain lines in sets of two occasionally visible.
- Several owners' notes (f. 1r)
ExtentI, 166, i leaves : 260 x 184 (205 x 115) mm bound to 256 x 182 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper outer verso; no catchwords.
BindingQuarter covers with flap (Type II); marbled paper sides and brown leather spine and fore-edge hinge; title on bottom edge.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of Cyrus Adler to the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on library bookplate, inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by ʻUthmān ibn Muḥammad ibn ʻAbd al-Malik (note in ink, f. 1r).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (library bookplate inside front cover).
- Muslims--Biography--Early works to 1800
- Muslim scholars--Islamic Empire--Biography--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 15th century
- Manuscripts, 16th century
- Biographical dictionaries
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Envelope flaps (features)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 130: Awwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 130: Awwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — Awwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān.
Inside front cover
9792_0001.tif (104.4 MB)
9792_0001_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
9792_0001_web.jpg (302.8 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate
9792_0004.tif (104.4 MB)
9792_0004_thumb.jpg (5.9 KB)
9792_0004_web.jpg (343.3 KB)
Decoration: Notations in ink
9792_0005.tif (104.4 MB)
9792_0005_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
9792_0005_web.jpg (327.1 KB)
Section: Awwal Wafayāt al-aʻyān wa-anbāʼ al-zamān.
Inside back cover [flap open to show design
9792_0338.tif (148.4 MB)
9792_0338_thumb.jpg (5.0 KB)
9792_0338_web.jpg (370.6 KB)
Back cover [flap opened to show design
9792_0339.tif (151.2 MB)
9792_0339_thumb.jpg (6.5 KB)
9792_0339_web.jpg (553.6 KB)
Back cover [flap closed
9792_0340.tif (104.4 MB)
9792_0340_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
9792_0340_web.jpg (482.4 KB)
Fore edge [flap closed, inside front cover
9792_0342.tif (32.7 MB)
9792_0342_thumb.jpg (2.1 KB)
9792_0342_web.jpg (99.6 KB)
Fore edge [flap open
9792_0343.tif (32.7 MB)
9792_0343_thumb.jpg (2.1 KB)
9792_0343_web.jpg (132.5 KB)