Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 131 Ṭabaqāt. / [طبقات]
- Subkī, Tāj al-Dīn ʻAbd al-Wahhāb ibn ʻAlī, approximately 1327-1370
سبكي، تاج الدين عبد الوهاب بن علي،
- Ghazzālī, 1058-1111
Other related names
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 131
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1350 and 1550?
Collection of biographies drawn chiefly from the Ṭabaqāt al-Shāfiʻīyah of Tāj al-Dīn al-Subkī. The leaves are disbound and have considerable gaps and lacunae. One leaf contains material from al-Ghazzālī's al-Wasīṭ fī al-madhhab.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Paper: Syro-Egyptian handmade paper, chain lines in groups of three occasionally visible.
Extent190 leaves : 265 x 185 (190 x 125) mm
FoliationNo foliation, no catchwords.
Rubrications in red including marginal comments.
- Gift of John Frederick Lewis to the Library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning
- Shafiites--Biography--Early works to 1800
- Hadith--Authorities--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 14th century
- Manuscripts, 15th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Biographical dictionaries
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 131: Ṭabaqāt. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 131: Ṭabaqāt.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Inside front cover — Notations in French in ink
Inside front cover
10168_0001.tif (105.7 MB)
10168_0001_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
10168_0001_web.jpg (338.4 KB)
Decoration: Notations in French in ink