Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 136 Kitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf. / كتاب قصة سيدنا يوسف
TitleKitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf.
كتاب قصة سيدنا يوسف
Other related names
- Ṭarābulusī, Muḥammad ibn al-Ḥājj Mūsá, al-ʻAṭṭār, former owner
- Ḥamawī, Muṣṭafá́ Karīmī, former owner
حموي، مصطفى كريمي.
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, donor
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 136
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Story of Joseph based on the Qurʼān sūrah 12 and embroidered with stories and verses of a devotional nature. Divided into sections by the word faṣl, stories are preceded by the word ḥikāyah and the verses by shiʻr. Occasional marginal notes in a different hand. Copy ends abruptly.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (f. 1r)
Extent93 leaves : 205 x 140 (155 x 95) mm bound to 205 x 150 mm
FoliationFoliation in ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals, upper left recto. Pagination also in ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals on f. v through f. 45r.
BindingTextblock detached from binding, of which only one blind-stamped leather board and spine remain; board is stamped with central mandorla and two pendants on the vertical axis. Housed with a paper envelope with printed address of Dropsie College and ms. inscriptions in Roman and Arabic scripts identifying contents and donor.
- Gift of John Frederick Lewis to the Library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (inscription, envelope housing).
- Formerly owned by Muṣṭafá Karīmī al-Ḥamawī. It ended up in his possession on 12 Shaʻbān 1159 (30 August, 1746) from its previous owner al-Ḥājj Muḥammad ibn al-Ḥājj Mūsá, al-ʻAṭṭār al-Ṭarābulusī (note, f. 1r).
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis (inscription, envelope housing).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (inscription, envelope housing).
- Joseph--(Son of Jacob)--Islamic interpretations
- Joseph--(Son of Jacob)
- Qur'an stories
- Joseph (Son of Jacob) in the Qurʼan
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, Arabic--18th century
- Criticism, interpretation, etc
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 136: Kitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 136: Kitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Unnumbered recto — Kitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf
10114_0000.tif (72.9 MB)
10114_0000_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
10114_0000_web.jpg (437.0 KB)
Section: Kitāb Qiṣṣat Sayyidinā Yūsuf
10114_0001.tif (72.9 MB)
10114_0001_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
10114_0001_web.jpg (379.1 KB)
Inside back cover
10114_0186.tif (72.9 MB)
10114_0186_thumb.jpg (4.5 KB)
10114_0186_web.jpg (378.3 KB)