Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 146 Sharḥ al-Wiqāyah. / شرح الوقاية
- Ibn Malak, ʻAbd al-Laṭīf ibn ʻAbd al-ʻAzīz
ابن ملك، عبد اللطيف بن عبد العزيز
- Maḥbūbī, Maḥmūd ibn ʻUbayd Allāh, -1344 or 1345
محبوبي، محمود بن عبيد الله،
Other related names
- Sulzberger, Mayer, 1843-1923, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 146
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1400 and 1599?
Incomplete commentary on Wiqāyat al-riwāyah fī masāʼil al-Hidāyah, a work on Islamic law. The text ends abruptly and a leaf is missing between f. 220 and 222.
- Title from added title (f. 1r)
- Laid paper, faint chain lines in groups of two.
- Owner's note and stamp on f. 1r.
Extent228, v leaves : 260 x 160 (210 x 120) mm bound to 260 x 172 mm
FoliationFoliation in ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals, upper left recto; catchwords lower left verso.
BindingRebound in paper over pasteboard half covers; blue paper sides with dark red leather spine.
Rubrications and overlining in red.
- Gift of Mayer Sulzberger to the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on library bookplate, inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on library bookplate, inside front cover).
- Islamic law--Early works to 1800
- Hanafites--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 15th century
- Manuscripts, 16th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Annotations (Provenance)
- Stamps (Provenance)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 146: Sharḥ al-Wiqāyah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 146: Sharḥ al-Wiqāyah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 3v — Sharḥ al-Wiqāyah.
Inside front cover
9763_0001.tif (99.7 MB)
9763_0001_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
9763_0001_web.jpg (240.6 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate
9763_0006.tif (99.7 MB)
9763_0006_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
9763_0006_web.jpg (243.5 KB)
Decoration: Owner's notations
9763_0007.tif (99.7 MB)
9763_0007_thumb.jpg (6.2 KB)
9763_0007_web.jpg (432.3 KB)
Section: Sharḥ al-Wiqāyah.
Loose leaf 1 recto
9763_0474.tif (99.7 MB)
9763_0474_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
9763_0474_web.jpg (308.6 KB)
Loose leaf 1 verso
9763_0475.tif (99.7 MB)
9763_0475_thumb.jpg (2.2 KB)
9763_0475_web.jpg (221.2 KB)