Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 171 Injīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr. / انجيل يوحنا البشير
TitleInjīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr.
انجيل يوحنا البشير
Other related names
- Rashīdī, Ibrāhīm ibn Yūsuf, former owner
رشيدي، ابراهيم بن يوسف،
- Adler, Cyrus, 1863-1940, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 171
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The item is not dated, perhaps produced in the 19th century.
- between 1800 and 1899?
Gospel of John in Arabic missing the last verse.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r)
- Description of the manuscript in ink in English with the number 5 in roman numeral at the top of the page, laid in.
WatermarkCrescent moon with face in profile in shield (Abū Shubbāk).
Extent79 leaves : 126 x 84 (80 x 55) mm bound to 130 x 90 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper right verso; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in brown textile over pasteboard; no spine; two sewing stations; modern label with manuscript identification and number adhered around spine between the sewing stations and extending onto both covers.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of Cyrus Adler to the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on library bookplate, inside back cover).
- Likely formerly owned by Ibrāhīm ibn Yūsuf al-Rashīdī (somewhat effaced owner's note, f. 1r).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (library bookplate inside back cover).
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Annotations (Provenance)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 171: Injīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 171: Injīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — Injīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr.
- Inside back cover — Library bookplate
Inside front cover
9963_0001.tif (29.6 MB)
9963_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
9963_0001_web.jpg (468.7 KB)
9963_0003.tif (29.6 MB)
9963_0003_thumb.jpg (6.1 KB)
9963_0003_web.jpg (458.3 KB)
Section: Injīl Yūḥannā al-bashīr.
Inside back cover
9963_0160.tif (29.6 MB)
9963_0160_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
9963_0160_web.jpg (407.2 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate