Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 182 Martyrology of Coptic Saints.
TitleMartyrology of Coptic Saints.
Other related names
- Adler, Cyrus, 1863-1940, donor
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 182
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9944235813503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1650 and 1799?
Abridged martyrology of Coptic Saints, arranged according to months and days. The terms used in connection with the death of the saints are either "shahādah" or "niyāḥah."
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Condition: Without title leaf. Pastedowns wormed; many leaves wormed at inner margin and detached from spine; a few wormholes with occasional minor damage to text (f. 1-11); a few leaves stained at fore-edge (f. 2-3, 26-29); occasional staining at inner margins of leaves, particularly at tail; inkblot in tail margin (f. 9r).
WatermarkThree crescent moons; large letter C.
Extent30 leaves : 161 x 110 mm bound to 162 x 110 mm
CollationPaper, 30; 1-3¹⁰; 1-29, ; modern Roman script foliation in pencil, upper right verso. Catchwords on versos, lower left corner.
BindingBound in contemporary full blind-tooled black leather; white paper label with typed shelf-mark on spine. Spine largely wanting (25 mm. remains at head, detached from textblock); upper board mutilated with severe worming and detached from textblock; lower board wormed and partly detached from textblock.
Titles in larger thuluth script. Some small crosses appear within the text.
- Presented to the Library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning by Dr. Cyrus Adler (bookplate with 2 ms. shelf marks, 1 in pencil, 1 in ink, front pastedown).
- Coptic Christian saints--Biography--Early works to 1800
- Christian martyrs
- Manuscripts, Arabic--17th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--18th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 182: Martyrology of Coptic Saints. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 182: Martyrology of Coptic Saints.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — [Martyrology of Coptic Saints]
- Inside front cover — Library bookplate
Inside front cover
9966_0001.tif (43.0 MB)
9966_0001_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
9966_0001_web.jpg (414.9 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate
9966_0003.tif (43.0 MB)
9966_0003_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
9966_0003_web.jpg (407.6 KB)
Section: [Martyrology of Coptic Saints]