Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 213 Niṣāb al-ṣibyān. / [نصاب الصبيان]
- Farāhī, Abū Naṣr Muḥammad Badr al-Dīn
فراهي، ابو نصر محمد بدر الدين
Other related names
- Sulzberger, Mayer, 1843-1923, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 213
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguagePersian with some Arabic
- between 1700 and 1799?
A versified Arabic-Persian glossary facilitating the study of Arabic language and prosody. Words are explained in the form of qiṭʻahs composed in various meters. This copy is missing a page between leaves 2 and 3
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent54 leaves : 200 x 122 (180 x 77) mm bound to 195 x 120 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingReddish brown leather over pasteboard (Type III); blind stamped central lobed mandorla with two pendants on the vertical axis; turn-ins are starting to come up.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of Mayer Sulzberger to the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (note on library bookplate, inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (library bookplate inside front cover).
- Arabic language--Dictionaries--Persian--Early works to 1800
- Arabic language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.--Early works to 1800
- Arabic language--Versification--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 213: Niṣāb al-ṣibyān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 213: Niṣāb al-ṣibyān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 2v — [Niṣāb al-ṣibyān].
Inside front cover
9768_0001.tif (64.6 MB)
9768_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
9768_0001_web.jpg (372.0 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate
9768_0002.tif (64.6 MB)
9768_0002_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
9768_0002_web.jpg (349.7 KB)
9768_0004.tif (64.6 MB)
9768_0004_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
9768_0004_web.jpg (364.5 KB)
9768_0005.tif (64.6 MB)
9768_0005_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
9768_0005_web.jpg (366.0 KB)
Section: [Niṣāb al-ṣibyān].
9768_0109.tif (64.6 MB)
9768_0109_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
9768_0109_web.jpg (381.1 KB)