Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 286 Sharḥ al-Burdah. / شرح البردة
- Azharī, Khālid ibn ʻAbd Allāh, -1499
ازهري، خالد بن عبد الله،
- Būṣīrī, Sharaf al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Saʻīd, 1213?-1296?
بوصيري، شرف الدين محمد بن سعيد، -
Other related names
- Muṣṭafá Ṣidqī, active 1765, former owner
- Muḥammad Nāfiʻ, active 1858, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 286
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The copy was completed in Shaʻbān 1150 A.H. (1737 CE) (p. 89).
- A.H. 1150 (1737)
Commentary on the poem known as al-Burdah by al-Būṣīrī.
- Title from added title (first flyleaf recto at front of book).
- Owners' notes and stamps (first flyleaf recto at front of book, p. , 90). One note has the name scrubbed, but the location is Qusṭantinīyah with the date 1226 A.H. (1811 of 1812 CE) (p. ). Another note without context contains the name ʻAlī ʻAbd al-Ḥayy Yūsuf (p. ).
ExtentIii, 45, i leaves : 167 x 125 (123 x 90) mm bound to 167 x 127 mm
FoliationModern pagination added in pencil, upper outer corners; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in black leather with gilded, embossed onlay central diamond-shaped medallion and cornerpieces; blind-tooled frame; bright yellow pastedowns.
Textblock border-ruled in red; rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by al-Ḥājj Muṣṭafá Ṣidqī, 179? A.H. (1765 of 1766 CE) (stamp, p. ).
- Formerly owned by al-Sayyid Aḥmad [...]oghlū al-Sayyid Ḥusayn Efendi, 1208 A.H. (1793 or 1794 CE) (note in ink, second flyleaf recto at front of book)
- Formerly owned by Muḥammad Nāfiʻ, 1276? A.H. (1858 or 1859 CE) (note in ink and stamps, p. , stamps, third flyleaf recto at front of book).
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (library bookplate, inside front cover).
- Islamic poetry, Arabic--History
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 15th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Onlays (decorative components)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Annotations (Provenance)
- Stamps (Provenance)
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 286: Sharḥ al-Burdah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 286: Sharḥ al-Burdah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- 2 — Sharḥ al-Burdah.
Inside front cover
9789_0001.tif (46.5 MB)
9789_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
9789_0001_web.jpg (370.2 KB)
Decoration: Library bookplate
9789_0008.tif (46.5 MB)
9789_0008_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
9789_0008_web.jpg (358.6 KB)
Decoration: Owner's notations
9789_0009.tif (46.5 MB)
9789_0009_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
9789_0009_web.jpg (422.4 KB)
Section: Sharḥ al-Burdah.