Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 470 Marriage contract
Other related names
- Refaʼel Meshulam, mi-Pisaro, witness
- Shelomoh Mosheh, me-Adumim, witness
- Moussaieff, Shlomo, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 470
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9977253252303681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageAramaic and Hebrew
- 5648 (1888)
Manuscript ketubah with standard ketubah text in black ink in Aramaic and Hebrew. Leaf sides have straight edges save for the top which is tapered. Border surrounding the ketubah text with folk decorations of flowers, leaves, and ribbons in gouache. Wedding took place on 13 Nisan 5648 (25 March 1888), in Ancona, Italy.
- The wedding took place on the First day [Sun.] of the week, 13th of Nisan, 5648 [25 March 1888] in the city of Ancona. The groom is Yeḥiʼel Elishaʻ y. ts. ṿ. ben ha-manoaḥ Gavriʼel di Pats n. ʻE. The bride is called Iṭalia m.b.t. bat ha-manoaḥ Mosheh Eliyah mi-Pirugia n. ʻE. Signatures: ha-tsaʻir Refaʼel Meshulam mi-Pisaro; ha-tsaʻir Shelomoh Mosheh me-Adumim.
Extent1 leaf : 51.5 X 37.8 cm
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, from the estate of Shlomo Moussaieff, 20 Dec. 2017, lot 112.
- Yeḥiʼel Elishaʻ ben Gavriʼel di Pats--Marriage
- Iṭalia bat Mosheh Eliyah mi-Pirugia--Marriage
- Prenuptial agreements (Jewish law)--Specimens
- Marriage (Jewish law)
- Ancona (Italy)
- Marriage certificates
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--19th century
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 470: Marriage contract are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.