Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 3 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Della Rovere family
- Della Rovere, Sisto Gara, Cardinal, d. 1517
- Della Rovere, Galeotto Franciotti, Cardinal, 1471-1507
- Della Rovere, Leonardo Grosso, Cardinal, 1464-1526
Call numberMisc Mss Box 6 Folder 3
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944431103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Three paper documents from the della Rovere family. The two dated 1508 are respectively from Cardinals Galeotto Franciotti della Rovere and Leonardo Grosso della Rovere, and the 1513 document is from Cardinal Sisto Gara della Rovere. The Galeotto Franciotti document is addressed to a Cardinal Alessandro, regarding a church of Saint Victor of Xanten. The Leonardo Grosso document is dated February 1, and possibly regards a Baldassar. The Sisto Gara document discusses the appointment of a bishop cardinal, choosing between two candidates named Vicentelli and Capellanius for the church of Saint Maurice. The documents from Sisto Gara and Leonardo Grosso both contain seals.
Extent3 items (4 leaves)
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57(March 1959), no. 193-194, 205.
- Catholic Church--History--16th century
- Catholic Church--Clergy--Appointment, call, and election
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 3: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.