Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | TEI XML | Data

Misc Mss (Large) Box 3 Folder 15 Box 3 Folder 15 Pennsylvania Commissioners of Property letter patent for land in Chester County :

Title

Pennsylvania Commissioners of Property letter patent for land in Chester County :

Authors

Other related names

Call number

Misc Mss (Large) Box 3 Folder 15 Box 3 Folder 15
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)

Alternate identifiers

Publisher

University of Pennsylvania

Origin

Date
1694
Place
Philadelphia

Summary

Letter patent on the authority of proprietor William Penn, dated 7 May 1694, confirming the ownership by Ebenezer Langford of 500 acres of land in Chester County by affirming the grant of the land made by William Penn in 1683, witnessed and signed by William Markham, Robert Turner, and John Goodson, Commissioners of Property. On the back are two notes, one a caption title, "Patent for 500 acres of land to Mr. Ebenezer Langford," and the other documenting the recording of the letter patent in the Rolls Office, dated 31 October 1694, signed by Patrick Robinson, Secretary of the Province of Pennsylvania. The proprietary seal in wax is on the upper left corner of the document. The paper is brittle, especially where previously folded, and has an old repair in one section.

Extent

1 item (1 leaf) ; 30 x 45 cm

Provenance

Subjects topical

Genres

Keywords

Licenses

Table of contents

Images


fol. 1r
13746_0000.tif (252.4 MB)
13746_0000_thumb.jpg (5.4 KB)
13746_0000_web.jpg (345.2 KB)
Section: Pennsylvania Commissioners of Property letter patent for land in Chester County, 1694

fol. 1v
13746_0001.tif (252.4 MB)
13746_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
13746_0001_web.jpg (247.6 KB)