Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Misc Mss (Large) Box 3 Folder 8 Box 3 Folder 8 Dieudonné Cabanier homage
TitleDieudonné Cabanier homage
- Cabanier, Dieudonné, 14th century
- Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund
Call numberMisc Mss (Large) Box 3 Folder 8 Box 3 Folder 8
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9977135329103681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Latin, with later summaries in French (verso)
Legal instrument recording the acknowledgement by Dieudonné Cabanier (Latinized as Deodatus Cabaneri in the manuscript) of his status as vassal subject to Béranger d'Arpajon (Latinized as Brengario de Arpaione), seigneur de Castèlnòu de Leveson (now Castelnau-Pégayrols). Text includes references to various locations in the former province of Rouergue, now encompassed by the department of Aveyron, in the north of the Occitanie region of southern France. The manuscript is written in batârde script, dated 1324, and signed by a notary. Two later capsule descriptions in French written in ink on the verso, added to be visible when the document was folded and filed. Rodent damage along creases with minor loss of text.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 570 x 280 mm
- Sold by Vitaliy Shteyngolts, 2017.
- Homage (Feudal law)
- Legal instruments
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss (Large) Box 3 Folder 8 Box 3 Folder 8: Dieudonné Cabanier homage are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.