Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 18 Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
TitleMiscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
- Catholic Church
Call numberMisc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 18
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9941672883503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Latin with extensive rubrics in German
Bifolium from a breviary made in southern Germany in the second half of the 15th century, with the complete text of two columns written in 32 lines on one leaf and loss of text from one column on the other. Readings from the Bible and church fathers such as Augustine and Pope Leo I are in Latin and written in black ink; rubrics are in German and written in red ink. Readings, not continuous, are for Sexagesima and Septuagesima Sunday, the third and second Sundays before Lent, and Quadragesima Sunday, the first Sunday of Lent.
Extent1 item (1 bifolium) : 335 x 426 (text on each leaf, 298 x 209) mm
- Sold by Wölfle (Munich) to Bernard Rosenthal, 1997; pencil note in gutter, "BMR Misc. 62."
- Sold by Bernard Quaritch (London) as part of the Rosenthal Collection, cat. 1348 (2007), no. 73.
- Catholic Church--Liturgy--Texts
- Breviaries--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, German--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 18: Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.