Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 700 Item 120 La Pasion en lengua chapaneca
TitleLa Pasion en lengua chapaneca
Other related names
- Berendt, C. Hermann 1817-1878, former owner
- Brinton, Daniel Garrison, 1837-1899, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 700 Item 120
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9938983463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageChiapanec, with an introduction in Spanish
A 19th-century copy of the 18th-century ordenanzas, or rules, of three confraternities in the pueblo of Suchiapa, Mexico, including portions of the Passion sung in church during Holy Week. The first two sets of ordenanzas have concluding sections titled "Domingo de Ramos." The second set of ordenanzas also has at its end a note by Berendt concerning a 19th-century note in another copy of the ordenanzas. Brief information in Spanish about the confraternities and the texts that were copied precedes the Chiapanec texts (pp. vii-viii).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. [v]); according to Berendt's introduction, the dates probably represent the dates that the copies that were his sources were made.
- A rough draft by Berendt of his introduction is glued to one of the front flyleaves added in binding.
Extent52 leaves : 218 x 175 (175 x 115) mm. bound to 224 x 188 mm
FoliationPaper, 52; x, , 2-93, ; contemporary page numbers in ink, upper center, except on section title pages.
BindingLate 19th-century half leather.
- Copied from multiple copies, including those kept by the confraternities in Suchiapa.
- From the collection of C. Hermann Berendt, later acquired by Daniel Garrison Brinton (ex libris stamp on title page).
- Cofradías (Latin America)--Early works to 1800
- Chiapanec language--Texts
- Indians of Mexico--Languages--Texts
- Rules (instructions)
- Manuscripts, Mexican--19th century
- Manuscripts, Spanish--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 700 Item 120: La Pasion en lengua chapaneca are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
7121_0001.tif (37.8 MB)
7121_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
7121_0001_web.jpg (195.6 KB)