Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 700 Item 193 Manche y Peten
TitleManche y Peten
- Cano, Agustín, 1651-1722
Other related names
- Frantzius, Alexander von, 1821-1877, former owner
- Brinton, Daniel Garrison, 1837-1899, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 700 Item 193
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9941748103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript written by Cano in Guatemala in the 1690s; notes added by Berendt in 1877.
- 1696, 1877
A late 17th-century manuscript by Cano about the Itzá and Mopan Indians, preceded by notes by C. Hermann Berendt about Cano from other sources.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from C. Hermann Berendt's paper cover of manuscript, inside later binding (f. 1r).
Extent25 leaves : 308 x 214 mm. bound to 314 x 238 mm
FoliationPaper, 25; modern pencil foliation, lower right recto; Cano's 17th-century manuscript (f. 12-21) has contemporary foliation 47-56, in ink, upper right recto.
BindingLate 19th-century half leather.
- Gift to C. Hermann Berendt from Alexander von Frantzius, who obtained it from Señor Kleefeld in Spain (note by C. Hermann Berendt, dated 1877, f. 12r)
- From the collection of C. Hermann Berendt, later acquired by Daniel Garrison Brinton (ex libris stamp on flyleaf).
- Itza Indians--History--Early works to 1800
- Mopan Indians--History--Early works to 1800
- Indians of Central America--Guatemala--History--Early works to 1800
- Indians of Mexico--History--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Spanish--17th century
- Manuscripts, Spanish--19th century
- Manuscripts, Latin American
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 700 Item 193: Manche y Peten are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
7307_0001.tif (53.3 MB)
7307_0001_thumb.jpg (8.6 KB)
7307_0001_web.jpg (874.4 KB)